The events and gathering opportunities listed below are either sponsored in some way by the Lutheran Writers Project or are events sponsored by others but of special interest to our project.
Sermon Writing Workshops: contact Paul Shepherd.
Visiting Lutheran Writers: Our current touring author is Mark Mustian. He is visiting Lutheran colleges around the country. He no longer has tour dates available.
Our previous touring author was Jill Essbaum.
Roanoke College Writing Symposia:
Information about the 2014 Roanoke College Lutheran Writers Symposium and Workshop will be posted this fall.
Writing about Nature
2013 Symposium and Writing Workshop about Nature with featured guest Thomas Maltman.
Writing about War
2012 symposium and Writing Workshop about War with Mark Mustian and Robert Schultz
Giving Sorrow Words
2012 Symposium and Writing Workshop about Grief and Loss with Jill Essbaum and Gary Fincke.
Writers who are interested in forming online or actual workshop groups can contact the Writing Group Coordinator, author Linda Gillis, from Sun City, Arizona, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're on Google!
We're beginning with a group, the Lutheran Writers Project Group, on Google, where you can sign up to begin meeting each other, finding common interests, and building new groups. Just follow this link, or type "Lutheran Writers Project Group" into Google.
Among other suggested events we’re interested in developing and advertising (with your help!) are:
- Sermon Workshops in which pastors and seminarians can explore the roles of narrative and poetic techniques in sermon-writing.
- Local Writer Gatherings in which authors with local and Lutheran connections can find each other.
- Lutheran Publication Workshops for writers interested in learning more about Lutheran-sponsored publication needs and opportunities.
- Literature and Theology Seminars for writers and readers interested in learning about Lutheran themes in their own creative writing or the writings of others.
- Gatherings of Lutheran college student writers.